Trusted Information for Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis-health is an expanding library of information created to help patients and caregivers become better informed about osteoporosis, especially the options for treating, managing, and preventing osteoporosis. The site features current content written and peer-reviewed by medical professionals with osteoporosis expertise. Learn more through our original articles, animated videos and expert interviews, and a glossary of osteoporosis-related definitions.
Accurate, In-depth, and Unbiased Information You Can Trust on Osteoporosis.
Featured, Doctor-Reviewed Articles and Videos
- Vertebral Augmentation Surgery for Spinal Fractures from Osteoporosis
- Vertebral compression fractures, or VCFs, caused by osteoporosis may be treated with one of a few types on vertebral augmentation surgical approaches.
- Types of Spinal Compression Fractures
- Spinal osteoporosis patients may experience one of three types of compression fracture: wedge fracture, crush fracture, or burst fracture.
- Is It Osteoporosis or Osteopenia?
- Bone mineral density (BMD) loss that is less advanced than osteoporosis is called osteopenia. Learn the differences and available prevention options.
- The Role of Testosterone in Male Osteoporosis
- Osteoporosis is not a condition that affects postmenopausal women only. Men are at risk, and testosterone plays a role in that risk.
- Spinal Osteoporosis and Vertebral Fractures: An Overview
- The first sign of spinal osteoporosis is often spinal fracture, which is the most common fracture type in osteoporosis patients.